Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

viernes, 5 de agosto de 2011

English books: The Name of the Wind

Hello guys! Yesterday I finished reading "The Name of the Wind" of Patrick Rothfuss and I really enjoyed it a lot, it´s an amazing book! The characters are really interesting and the plot too. You should read it! Here, I leave you a little description on the book.
Kote is a men that lives in the Waystone Inn and works as an innkeeper. One day, an estrange creature attacks a men. People living in the town thinks that it could be lots of things but they don´t know why it is there. After that Chronicler, another men, arrives to the Waystone Inn looking for Kote but calling he Kvothe. Chronicler comes from the University and he wants to know Kvothe´s story.
The book tells the story of Kvothe in one single day, leaving it at night for the next day in a next book.
Kvothe´s story is a really "magical" one. I recommend it to all of you.

I leave you the information on the book:

Title: The Name of the Wind
Printer: DAW Books
Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Cover design: Neil Robinson and Peter Miller
Collection design: DAW Books
Parts of the book: 1 (but two more books)
Pages of the story: 722

Enjoy it as I did!

Miriam

2 comentarios:

  1. Uau Miriam it sounds really intresting Did you read it in English?Do you know if they have it in the library?
    I hope so because I am really interested in the book.
    xxx Emily

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey!! It´s really interesting, one of the most interesting books I have read, actually. Yes, I read it in English because my father bought it from the USA, then it traveled to Germany and finally it arrived to Pamplona. :) In this libraries it´s in Spanish, I haven´t seen it in English yet but if you look for it in the Internet you will find it, I´m sure.

    Greetings!
    Miriam

    ResponderEliminar