Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

martes, 9 de abril de 2013

Some more little matters: An advance

Hey there, guys.

(I've finished watching "Glee"... ha, ha!)

I know it's been a while since I last wrote about a book and the fact is that I'm fighting with Charles Dickens' "David Copperfield". It's a brilliant book but huge as none and also very complicated. :) But I'm improving my English... :)
The thing is that I wanted to post a passage. This month I talked about love on the month's poetry. Our Copperfield does feel it too and yesterday at night I read an extract in the one he talked about it. It's in English already so no translation needed, ha? :)

:)

"If she would like me to die for her, she had but to say the word, and I was ready. Life without Dora's love was not a thing to have on any terms. I couldn't bear it, and I wouldn't. I had loved her every minute, day and night, since I first saw her. I loved her at that minute to distraction. I should always love her, every minute, to distraction. Lovers had loved before and lovers would love again; but no lover had ever loved, might, could, would or should ever love, as I loved Dora."

David Copperfield
 
Beautiful, isn't it?
 
Here you go, so you can admire that David Copperfield was also a poet. I'm not telling you to read it in English like I have in the Spanish version of this post as, if you've read this, is either because you are English or either because you can so... :)
But you can tell, it sounds more tuneful than the Spanish version.

Miriam

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario