Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

martes, 18 de septiembre de 2012

English books: The Hobbit

Hey there! What's up? You know, as I told you... :) I finished this book, "The Hobbit", a while ago (recently I've been reading "The Fellowship of the Ring"). Well, I first read it in Spanish, when I was a kid, back in 2009. Although then I didn't get it right, as I was more interested in Harry Potter (it was my first time reading those, you might understand). And well, I kind of read it but I thought about my wizard at the same time so it was not a very... enjoyable reading. But I read it again now!! And I loved it, amazing story, so well worked out... Can you even imagine, how hard is writing those kind of novels, so long, so... Oh, men. I'll tell you, REALLY difficult.
But... To the point. Amazing novel, written about more than 50 years ago, can you believe it? It still connects people to the story, no matter the age nor the time in the one we're leaving now.
J.R.R. Tolkien did an astonishing job and so I'm here to tell you about it but more of it, to recommend it to you.
In this novel Mr Bilbo Baggins, a nice hobbit who lives alone in his big hole for hobbits in Hobbiton, is suddenly surrounded by a wizard named Gandalf and dwarves. "What the heck is this?", he asks to himself.
Of course, hobbits are not used to adventures and the being of this kind of people surely means there's something going on behind them.
Mr Baggins is a hobbit, known to be of half-well-known family, as people on her mother's side, the Took side, love adventure (kind of a sin to hobbits).
This, in part, makes Gandalf choose him. Choose him for an adventure in the one Bilbo'll have to prove himself useful to the dwarves, they're going on a mission to take back what's theirs, gold stolen by a dragon. The journey is dark, dangerous, scary. What will it turn out to be?
Find out, I would really like you enjoying this book as much as I did.
Lets see... The data on the book:

Title: The Hobbit
Printer: UNWIN HYMAN
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Parts of the book: 1 (but there are about three books that follow)
Pages of the story: 256

And that's all, hope you enjoy it!

Miriam

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario