Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

martes, 31 de julio de 2012

English books: Death in the Air

Hey guys! Here again, waiting to tell you about this astonishing and thrilling book on Sherlock Holmes: his second case!!
I don't know whether  you remember or not but some months ago, (maybe one or two?) I wrote you about "The Boy Sherlock Holmes, His first case" "The Eye of the Crow".
Remember? It was a thrilling experience to read it, just as this one. I even couldn't sleep at night, thinking about all the murderers and burglars he was looking for.
In his first case he discovered the Whitechapel murderer and the police in London got all the merit. In this one, "Death in the Air", the same will happen, but with another case.
While Sherlock is in the Crystal Palace in London enjoying an acrobat performance a crime is taking place. Nobody knows about it but one person is about to discover. He is Monsier Mercure, the trapeze star. While he is acting he has full view of what the burglars are doing in another room next to the one for acts.
The gang taking out the robbery knows it so they're going to try and kill Monsier Mercure.
Sherlock is lucky enough for Monsier Mercure to fall right in front of him, so he can give him the first clue on this new case. Will Sherlock get to what happened? Will he gain the merit this time? Difficult, but just talking ;)
I leave you the image of the book, although it's not the edition I have but the same information on the book and the same picture. In my book there's no title, a fact the one I really do miss :(. So if you're about to buy it now you know how it looks like with everything on it's right place ;).

I'm sorry to tell you part of what Sherlock discovers along the book but I couldn't manage to do it another way, sorry! -.- :)
 
Again, (evil me) I leave you its information:

Title: Death in the Air
Printer: Tundra Books
Author: Shane Peacock
Cover design: Jennifer Lum
Collection design: Tundra Books
Parts of the book: 2 (but there are independent books but connected at the same time that follow it)
Pages of the story: 254

Enjoy, it's astonishing, really. I LOVED it, although I found it hard to sleep after reading its pages, I thought to see maniacs in each corner :)

Miriam

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario