Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

viernes, 13 de julio de 2012

English books: "Beneath the Pyramid"

Hey, guys! Yesterday I finished a book named "Beneath the Pyramid", from "The Judge of Egypt Trilogy". Amazing! I can't actually believe I enjoyed myself so much while reading it. Actually, I've been quite obsessed with "The Hunger Games", I've already read them twice each one so in... Two months time? I was relieved to have my attention centered in something else (really, I was starting to have dreams with myself being a tribute. It was quite scary). :S
Lets see, I'm writing about it!
"Beneath the Pyramid" is a thrilling novel based on Ancient Egypt, a brilliant civilization the one evolved a lot in religion, culture and innovations.
Well, I'm telling you about the book, not about my knowledge on the Egyptians so... Lets get on it. ;)
In this book young Pazair is a judge who lives in Egypt, in an small town.
He's so intelligent and loves justice, one of the greatest judges you can find, especially taking in count how young he is.
One day, he is called to Memphis to investigate, as the back of the paperback says: "to investigate the mysterious deaths of five guards standing watch over the sphinx at Giza".
He travels there and solves lots of minor problems and, while it, he starts inquiring about this strange case.
His mentor, old Branir, helps him with his advices and presents him beautiful Neferet, a young woman doctor with the one Pazair falls in love immediately. What would you say? Will he discover the crime or get caught while trying? Will Neferet accept him? Will he even admit his love towards her?
Find out by reading the book! (I'm starting to think you might think me cruel because of not telling you anything about how every single book I read ends but, that's the deal! I recommend a book the one I've read and you find out by yourselves if it's worth it for you or not. :)

I leave you its data, maybe you want to look up for it :) :

Title: Beneath the Pyramid
Printer: W F HOWES LTD
Author: Christian Jacq
Cover design: W F HOWES LTD
Collection design: W F HOWES LTD
Parts of the book: 1 (but there are two books left)

And that's all! May the pyramids... I don't know what to say, I was thinking about "May the odds be ever in your favor" from "The Hunger Games" again. :S I'm banning myself from reading them, this is getting quite... WORRYING.

Hey, I really recommend this book to you, it's astonishing. I encourage you to read it, you won't be disappointed.

I hope to see you soon! (Although I will probably won't hear from you in my whole lifetime... That's distressing, men!) -.-

Well, lots of love!

Miriam

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario