Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

domingo, 10 de junio de 2012

Kids news: Cambridge ESOL English Examinatios

Hello, guys! I know I promised this post a week ago but believe me when I say that I didn't have time for it. In the end, here it is!
Cambridge is a university located in England, indebted all around the world; known to be very prestigious.
Cambridge offers English exams of different levels to people from other countries, to obtain titles with the ones they can apply for jobs in the years to come and to prove themselves, getting used to the type of exam and stating the English level they count with.
In my school we present ourselves to these exams every two years, starting when were on fourth of Primary School (8 years) with the A1 and in sixth of Primary School (11 years) with the A2. Like this we go on successively, in 2nd of Secondary School we go for the B1 exam and in fourth for the B2, getting to achieve the C1 in the second grade of High School and the C2 individually after it.
In spite of all this you don't have to follow the plan. You can make the exams later or before, as your English level allows you.
In my case I presented myself for the B2 (FIRST) last week while I'm cursing 2nd grade of Secondary School.
This exams give us titles and have this parts from the B1 (PET) onwards:

1.- ORAL
2.- WRITING
3.- READING
4.- LISTENING
5.- USE OF ENGLISH, GRAMMAR

In each of these parts the student's level is measured by different steps. Each of them is very specialized and they are greatly built up.
Concerning me I did it easily, but you've gotta prepare it well. The important fact is to manage to get the title, before or after no matter the age or the time in the one you get your evolution done.
These titles open you doors to lots of jobs and institutions. For example, in Spain, you can get to teach English classes in an school with the B2, promising to get the C1 soon.
With this example I just want you to realize it's really useful.
For the official announcements and further information you can consult Cambridge's official web page and the one I write in first place. I link them now:
I hope you found it interesting, and have in mind that this type of exams always improve our languages performances.
Big greeting for you!
Miriam 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario