Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

jueves, 9 de agosto de 2012

Kids news: Welcome to the Olympic Games. Welcome... to LONDON

Guys! Wow, incredible. Two Fridays ago we enjoyed the best Olympic Games inaugural ceremony, the one that started this fantastic games in London!
Okay, I must admit it. I'm a complete fanatic of the country and of the city but they were pretty, if you watched them you can't deny me that fact.
I write this post to inform you and because a part of the ceremony fits my needs perfectly, but we'll talk about that later.
This ceremony was centered entirely around the English countryside, in the one the actors represented London's evolution along the pass of the years. From the countryside to the city, the evolution inside the city. The evolution of this impressive capitol city.
The thing is they made the most emblematic factors of the English culture to stand out, from the music (with the Beatles and so on) and with the actuation of Paul McCartney, the last one of them, as final part; society (with films that talk about it such as "Billy Elliot" and an act by teenagers), it's literature (with genius from J.K. Rowling up to many others), its innovations (with the inventor of the Internet "the three w" "The World Wide Web" named Tim Berners-Lee.
Thanks to him we're here together along the whole world (:)...
Loads of things, impossible to name them all.
Participation of important people: actors, the Queen herself, David Beckam (the football player)... An emblematic act, no doubt.
I enjoyed it so much and the Olympic Torch, (I can't find the correct name) reached the climax of the ceremony. Without doubt really original and pretty, when it got lighted it achieved its greatest splendor.
I leave you photos of the stadium, the Olympic Torch and a video, which is what I wanted to tell you about.
The homage part to the English literature was, without a doubt, important; as they count with most of the important writers all around the world.
I leave you this part of the act, I hope you like it. And I post it because for me, among my "job", was a very important fragment, meaningful. :)
I leave the link with the whole ceremony, I'm sorry not to be able to find the video with that part. I leave it, notice that the part on the English literature starts on the 12th line on the scroll. So sorry :T (It's Spanish but J.K. Rowling reads in English and there's not much talk... :) -.-)


Everything was... Magical.
I loved it, hope you did too.
And as my own homage to the Olympic Games... Instead of doing the post in only one color I'm doing it in all the colors of the hoops that represent the Olympics. :) As they are united I don't separate the colors in each paragraph,  instead I unite them in the last words from the one before.

Greetings and enjoy the Olympic Games!

Miriam

2 comentarios:

  1. Mi niña: Esta vez ya he entendido lo que has escrito en ingles. ja, ja, ja, me lo he pasado en grande. Porque dicen, que el silencio ,es lo mejor que se puede tener si no sabes lo que hablar..... y por eso te he entendido todo.pues eso ,NADA. pero no de "nadar en la piscina, en el rio, en el lago ,en el mar,en el pantano,o donde nades,,,,,,, no. nada de nada, osea,carencia de todo. ¿entendido?
    En mi tierra estamos pasando un calor horrible, ahora mismo ,que aun es temprano estamos a 26 grados, ya me da miedo que transcurra el dia.....es que a mi las temperaturas maximas y minimas, me van horrible para la salud. Esque cuando yo era pequeñita me cai del balcón de mi casa y me quedé un poco fastidiada de los huesos y la cabeza tampoco me funfunciona bien.
    Quiero saber ¿que haces en verano aparte de dormir? ya se que es tu vicio preferido, y me parece muy bien, así cuando no puedas hacerlo te acordarás de los dias aquellos en que te daban las 12 o más con el ojo plegado....!que suerte chica¡ yo no puedo conciliar el sueño, no se por que será, pero ,es. ¿que libro estas leyendo ahora? ya me contaras, yo , hace mucho tiempo que no leo, me aburri de repente y ya no leo ni""los secretos de un arzobispo""""2 que me parecio un libro precioso y que lo debiera leer mucha gente, porque es de una enseñanza muy inteligente. Me gustaria conocer al tal "arzobispo", si es cómo escribe tiene que ser, casi divino................. "sin exagerar"
    Prometeme ,que cuando te vayas a vivir a inglaterra ,me escribiras y me vendras a ver, yo no se que haré si un mal dia ocurre eso..... ¿porque no esperas a que me muera y así no paso pena? me contestas,
    Nada mi niña, estes donde estes ,yo siempre te querré ,porque eres para mi una persona muy importante en mi vida, me enseñas mucho y sobre todo "creo " que me quieres, además de bonito , fina elegante y sábia.....
    Adiooos cayatanita: buen dia ,donde "nades" ten cuidado, que hay muchos "tiburones".... y no vayas contra corriente,¿entendido? vale.
    Un besazo de paz.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. ¡Paz! Pues nada, ahora me estoy leyendo un libro en inglés de la colección del Juez de Egipto, el segundo tomo. Está muy interesante, trata sobre el Antiguo Egipto, y sobre como un juez llamado Pazair que cree fielmente en la justicia va deshilando tramas y complots, desde pequeños hasta algunos que conspiran contra el Faráon Ramses II. Me está encantando, pronto hablaré de él.
    Por lo demás ya te visitaré, vendré mucho desde Inglaterra ;) Que va, no sé ni si iré a vivir allá pero bueno, hay que perseguir los sueños.
    Pues nada, procuraré nadar con precauciones, aunque si veo conveniente nadar a contracorriente o necesario... Creo que tendré que hacerlo. No siempre el camino que llevan todos los demás es el correcto para todas las personas.

    ¡Un beso grande!
    Miriam

    ResponderEliminar