Eventhough, we still do

You write in order to change the world, knowing perfectly well that you probably can't, but also knowing that literature is indispensable to the world... The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimeter, the way...

People look at reality, then you can change it.

- James Baldwin

martes, 31 de diciembre de 2013

"Poesía del Mes" Diciembre del 2013

Ahora os traigo la de este mes, a falta de un día para que termine.
Otra mía, espero que os guste.


-3rd Composition-



And I'll only spoil the party for you
I think I'd rather leave it in darkness
Replaying in my mind a beautiful sunshine
There's only me, there's only you


Fighting off urges to get all grown,
break my voice
Tricky treaty, I made myself
Tricky treat, treaty, treat


Take a photo, mind me staying.
Not the background, worthless saying.
Let you taste that dawn feeling.
Oh, what's kept you from that,
single feeling, just arrived:
spoiling beauty tonight
would be a regrettable, unforgettable crime


My sense of right,
should be the enough,
which kept me from getting anywhere
by your side.


Not that you'd mind,
your voice's kept me from hearing my own
spoil the party for you.


There is no better place tonight for me
but to keep watch in the background,
not to spoil you.
Not spoil the party.
And, high on top,
don't get your voice off track way too soon,
needing a new recording to rewind,
sunshine times sweeping off...
Oh, way too soon.


Tarde, la estropeé.

Miriam

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario